EE34 - Electronic Fuzzy Systems
Fuzzy Sets and Membership Function
Crisp set versus Fuzzy Set, Notion and representation of Fuzzy Set, Fuzzification,
Types of membership functions, Properties of Fuzzy Set, Operations and Implications
with Fuzzy Set, Fuzzy Number and Fuzzy Interval Arithmetic, Fuzzy Extension
Principle, Alpha-Cut Fuzzy Set and Decomposition Principle, Software/Hardware
implementation of Fuzzy Set, Problem Solving with Fuzzy Set.
Concept of Fuzzy Relation, Crisp Relation versus Fuzzy Relation, Binary and nary
Fuzzy Relations, properties of Fuzzy Relation, Operation with Fuzzy Relation, Fuzzy
Equivalence and Tolerance Fuzzy Relations, Projection of Fuzzy Relation and
Cylindrical Extension, Composition of Fuzzy Relation, Problem Solving with Fuzzy Relation.
Exact and Approximate Reasoning, Fuzzy Rules, Types of Fuzzy Reasoning,
Mamdani and TSK-Methods of Fuzzy Reasoning, Process, Defuzzification,
Defuzzification Methods, Fuzzy Inference Process, Compositional Rule of Inference,
Fuzzy Inference System, Fuzzy Logic Control, Application Examples.
Electronic Fuzzy Circuits
Fuzzy Logic Gates in Voltage and current modes, Fuzzy Flip-flops, Fuzzy Logic
Circuits, Design considerations of Digital Fuzzy Logic Controllers, Software-Hardware
Implementation: Computer/Microcontroller based Fuzzy Systems.
1. K. Tanaka, An introduction to Fuzzy Logic for Practical Application, Springier, New York.
2. A.M. Ibrahim, Introduction to Applied Fuzzy Electronics, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi
3. G.J. Klir and B. Yuan, Fuzzy sets and Fuzzy Logic, Prentice Hall of India.4. J. Yen and R. Langari, Fuzzy Logic Intelligence, Control and Information, Pearson Education Pvt. Ltd. India
5. M J Patyra and D M Mlynek, Fuzzy Logic, Wiley Teubner, New York
6. Cox E., The Fuzzy Systems Handbook-A Practitioners Guide to building, using and maintaining Fuzzy System, AP-Professional, Boston
7. Driankov D., Hellendoom H and Reinfrank M., An Introduction to Fuzzy Control, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi
8. S. N. Sivanandam, S. N. Deepa,, Wiley, India (P) Ltd., Principles of Soft Computing, Ist Indian Edition,
9. S. Rajsekaran, G. A. VijayalaxmiPai, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Genetic Algorithms: Synthesis and applications, PHI, New Delhi
- Teacher: Ravindra Mudholkar