Unit III: Descriptive statistics
1. Application of statistics in Biology.
2. Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, mode and median.
3. Measures of dispersion: Range, quartile deviation, mean deviation, Standard
deviation, coefficient of variation.
4. Probability- Introduction, addition and multiplication theory.
5. Probability distribution- Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
Unit IV: Inferential Statistics
1. Correlation: Types and methods of correlation.
2. Regression: Regression lines and coefficients.
3. Hypothesis testing:
3.1 Tests of Significance.
3.2 Null hypothesis.
3.3 Alternative hypothesis.
3.4 Level of significance and Confidence interval.
4. Student t-test.
6. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA).
- Teacher: Anna Gophane