Pre-requisites : Engineering Physics, Electronic devices & components
Type of Course : Theory & practical
Skills Imbibed : Cognitive: Recall, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Synthesize, Evaluate
Course Assessment Methods:
1. Continuous Internal Evaluation: Unit Test I & Unit Test II
2. Semester End Examination.
1. To introduce and analyze techniques of generation, transmission and
reception of amplitude modulation (AM) frequency modulation (FM) and phase
modulation (PM) signals
2. To introduce the pulse modulation techniques.
3. To understand noise impact on communication system
4. To understand operation of transmitter.
5. To understand operation of TRF and super heterodyne receiver
6. To understand importance of sampling theorem and sampling types
On completion of the course, student will be able to:
1. Understand and identify the fundamental concepts and various components of analog communication systems.
2. Understand, analyze and explain various analog modulation & demodulation schemes.
3. Explain signal to noise ratio, noise figure and noise temperature for single and cascaded stages in a communication system.
4. Develop the ability to compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of various communication systems.
5. Understand operation of AM & FM receivers.
6. Compare AM, FM & PM.
- Teacher: Kishor Dalavi DoT