1. This course helps the students to apply basic food science knowledge in spices and plantation crops.
2. Introduce students to major and minor spice processing aspects
3. Introduce students to Post-harvest technology of and processing of tea
4. Introduce students to Post-harvest technology of and processing of coffee
1. Understand the need of Spice processing.
2. Understand the Classification of the spices.
3. Understand the different Techniques used for extraction of functional ingredients from Spices
4. Identify the major and minor constituents of food and the chemical reactions in which they participate.
5. Describe the principals involved in the processing of the major types of food products.Understand the students to Extraction of functional ingredients from Spices
- Teacher: siddharth lokhande.DOT