- Course Outcomes (COs)
CO-2. Students will assess various issues regarding film adaptation of the selected American fiction.
CO-3. Students will understand the role of gender studies in the selected American fiction.
CO-4. Students will be able interpret the psychological issues as reflected in the American fiction.
John Steinbeck – The Grapes of Wrath (1939)
Unit 1. Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath and the Great Depression.
Unit 4. Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath and psychology
(Note: The course is equally shared with Dr. P. B. Mane. He dealt with the remaining two units of the Course: Unit 2. Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath and Film and Unit 3. Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath and Gender)
- Reference Books:
- Bigsby, Christopher, (ed.) The Cambridge Companion to Modern American Culture. Cambridge: CUP, 2006.
- Bloom, Harold, ed. Bloom’s Modern Critical Views: John Steinbeck. New York: Bloom’s Literary Criticism, 2008.
- Davis, Robert Murray, ed. Steinbeck: A Collection of Critical Essays. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1972.
- Ditsky, John, ed. Critical Essays on Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath. Boston: G.K. Hall & Co., 1989.
- French, Warren, ed. A Companion to The Grapes of Wrath. New York: Penguin, 1989.
- Heavlin, Barbara, ed. The Critical Response to John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2000.
- Lauter, Paul, ed. A Companion to American Literature and Culture. Oxford: Blackwell, 2010.
- Owens, Louis. The Grapes of Wrath: Trouble in the Promised Land. Boston: Twayne, 1989.
- Wyatt, David, ed. New Essays on The Grapes of Wrath. Cambridge: CUP, 1990.
- Teacher: Dipak Bhadle