This course is for M.Sc. Statistics and Applied Statistics and Informatics. It is of four credit.
This course will cover
- Definition of Stochastic Processes and its classification.
- Markov Chain, its types. Classification of states. Long run distributions.
- Discrete state space continuous time Markov chain like Poisson process Birth and death processes, M/M/1, M/M/S queuing models.
- Renewal and delayed renewal processes.
- Galton-Watson Binaymi Branching process.
- Simulation of above discussed Stochastic Processes.
- Teacher: Somanath Pawar Stats