Learning Objectives (Paper No: SNST-404T & SNST-414P)
1. This subject addresses various aspects of spectroscopic analysis relevant to both research and industry.
2. Students will learn the techniques, the operating principles, and develop problem-solving skills generally useful in spectroscopic analysis.
3. Understanding how light interacts with matter and how it can be used to quantitatively understand chemical / biological samples.
4. Understanding basic concepts of instrumentation, data acquisition, and data processing.
5. Able to understand basic principles of UV-Visible spectroscopy, Fluorescence, Phosphorescence Spectroscopy, RAMAN, IR, XRD, Atomic Absorption and Flame Emission Spectroscopy and Electron Microscopies etc.
Students can understand the applications of different spectroscopic techniques
- Teacher: Tukaram Dongale