- Course Outcomes (COs)
- Students will understand various periods, trends and movements in British literature.
- They will comprehend Renaissance poetry, drama, theatre and prose.
Unit 3. Epic Tradition: John Milton – Paradise Lost (Book I)
Unit 2. Shakespearean Tragedy: William Shakespeare -King Lear
(Note: The course is equally shared with the Contributory Teacher. S/He dealt with the remaining two units of the Course: Unit 1. British Renaissance: Intellectual Background Francis Bacon Selected Essays (Essays I to XX) and Unit 4. Elizabethan and Metaphysical Poetry (Selected Poems))
- Reference Books:
- Blamiers, Harry. A Short History of English Literature. London: Routledge, 2003.
- Daiches, David. A Critical History of English Literature Vol.1 4.
- Carter, Ronald and John McRay. The Routledge History of Literature in English. London: Routledge, 2001.
- Saintsbury, George. A History of Elizabethan Literature. London: Macmillan, 1920.
- Bradley, A. C. Shakespearean Tragedy. London: Macmillan, 2003.
- McEachern, Claire, Ed. The Cambridge Companion to Shakespearean Tragedy. Cambridge: CUP, 2004.
- Danielson, Dennis, Ed. The Cambridge Companion to Milton. Cambridge: CUP, 1997.
- Kinney, Arthur F., Ed. The Cambridge Companion to English Literature: 1500 1600. Cambridge: CUP, 2004.
- Teacher: Dipak Bhadle